How Do I Set Up The Icon Settings For Running Co-Ops?

Crash

Bearcat and Fruitbat posted how to set this up at the ubi forums here:

http://forums.ubi.co...l=1#post6639812

The short version is this:

In your game folder is a file called rcu. Just rcu nothing else. You can edit it in notepad and put in a line to tell it to call the new file they have you create called icons.rcu.

In the icons.rcu file is where you put your icon settings. And you have one more command in there to tell IL2 to reload these icon settings so it doesn't reset them to defaults (or whatever it does that screws them up after a while..)

Whilst we are on this topic... Is there a guide or FAQ or anything on how to configure a dedicated server?

I managed to download, install, and patch the DS up to v4.11.1 and get it working, but I can't really find anything at all on server commands, configs, or other options. For example how to set up a map rotation, how to change maps via the console, how to enable or disable certain settings, console command lists, etc etc etc.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Whilst we are on this topic... Is there a guide or FAQ or anything on how to configure a dedicated server?

I managed to download, install, and patch the DS up to v4.11.1 and get it working, but I can't really find anything at all on server commands, configs, or other options. For example how to set up a map rotation, how to change maps via the console, how to enable or disable certain settings, console command lists, etc etc etc.

Me thinks there's no manual on how to do it step-by-step, or a complete one...

To do advanced stuff, like mission rotation, you'll be needing extra software like fbdeamon, or IL2ServerCommander.

I've been looking for links... some info is available.

FbDeamon: http://wiki.sturmovi...?title=FBDaemon (German language!!)

FbDeamon server commands

IL2SC: http://wiki.sturmovi...English_Version

We have (had?) two dedicated servers running.... one for DogFights only, and one with mission rotation.

Both are (were?) based on IL21946 with UP3 RC4 mod set.

The simple commands should also be available.

Here's a long thread on IL2's dedicated server, starting with Crazy Ivans' setup guide.

To get it all together, and to understand it all... daunting task...

Good Luck, and Have Fun!

Oh, one more simple tip in the command prompt of the server, you should be able to get some help on commands by typing 'Help' (or maybe 'help')

• 1. DDz Quorum

For scores, just add the command user to the icons.rcu file.

Every minute, the scores will then be listed in the console, press shift-tab to check them out.

Should you think once a minute is too low a frequency or refresh, then drop the 60000 to 20000 or 10000 for twenty resp. ten seconds refresh.