Greetings From Another New Flying Target

Whacker

Hello Friends. The flying, fruit eating, web-winged member of Chiroptera recommended on the 1C IL2 forums I toddle on over here for some multiplayer. Flown IL2 for years, never really did multiplayer, thought it might be fun/amusing. I gather flying times are generally Tues and Thurs, maybe Wed, and weekends.

Guess my questions are, when abouts does everyone fly, in US Eastern time? And where's the server info, do we even have a standing box? Fly mostly dogfights or coops?

Cheers - Whacker

Yea!!! Another American!! Where are you located Jason? I'm in Columbus, Ohio.

Welcome to the squad. We need new targets. I've been one for years. Since you were referred by FB I have set you up as a Dangerdog on the site. You should automatically receive our TS info in a PM.

Here is the schedule. The european guys fly on Tue & Wed nights (thats about 3pm Eastern time for us..) And on weekends Sat & Sun we also fly about 3pm ET. For us Americans, BadAim hosts on Wed nights about 8-9pm ET. But you can see if someone is on Teamspeak on our home forum page, and if someone is there they might be flying, so just get on Teamspeak and fly with them, or see what's up.

I'd be happy to fly with you anytime. Do you have any mod packs. Did Fruity tell you want we're using?

Snack

Thanks guys, warm welcomes are always great before being shot at. :)

I have a grand total of 7 separate installations of IL2 on my box. 4.10.1 bone stock (used for updates), 4.10.1, HSFX 5.01, UP3 RC4, DBW 1.71, 4.11.1 bone stock, 4.11.1, and HSFX 6.0.1.

I gather we fly mostly HSFX 6.0.1 now. Do we fly on CRT=2 servers mostly? What mods should I have enabled? Right now I've got 1. history mod, 2. hakenkreuz enabler, 3. perfect map tex, 4. carrier takeoff 5.5, 5. expert mode, 6. nightbombsites, 7. tiger flybys, and 8. advanced barrage mode (no damn clue what this is) enabled.

Wed night at 8 or 9 sounds fine. My life is in a big transition right now, so the amount of free time I have to game changes almost day to day. I'm hoping to be around tomorrow night if possible.

I gather we fly mostly HSFX 6.0.1 now. Do we fly on CRT=2 servers mostly? What mods should I have enabled? Right now I've got 1. history mod, 2. hakenkreuz enabler, 3. perfect map tex, 4. carrier takeoff 5.5, 5. expert mode, 6. nightbombsites, 7. tiger flybys, and 8. advanced barrage mode (no damn clue what this is) enabled.

Yes, now we mostly have been flying HSFX 6.0.1, but we are voting on making that our official mod pack right now. We have some members who haven't been around for a while and if they show up with UP3 RC4 we will fly that. We try to make sure everyone can fly.

We host most of our own missions, so we trust each other when doing that and CRT=2 is not an issue.

As for mods, obviously we have the History Mod enabled. And lately we have been also enabling the Expert Mode mod. If the Host has the Expert Mode mod enabled, then everyone who joins needs that. This mod enhances many flight models as well as reduces the information you get on the HUD. Messages like Aircraft/Tank/Truck destroyed; Gear Up; and other things a real pilot would not get are now gone. But it still tells you if our tailwheel is locked. :D

As for the other mods, they are up to you. Here is my list. Some are ones that I got to work from UP3 and added myself. A couple are from Fruitbat.

• HSFX history mod
  • TIGER Flyby's
  • Perfect Map Textures
  • Hakenkreuz Enabler
  • +Lens flare
  • +Fire smoke effect
  • +Distress Call Position
  • EXPERT mode
  • +FOVMod
  • +Z Ecran_Wide Beta 410
  • +GurnersHSFX6Distance

Snacko, can you give me a quick howto for using FovMOD with 4.11.1? I know how modact works and have used it with UP3 and DBW, but I didn't think there was a 4.11.1 version of Modact availabe on SAS's website. I keep seeing to use a /MODS folder, but I don't have one in my HSFX 6.0.1 installation. There's jsgmemods, but not MODS.

I have not used Modact. We have been using JSGME to enable mods.

I have put both the FoV mod and Ecran Wideview mod in our downloads here. They are setup to work with jsgme. When you enable these mods, they just get copied into your MODS folder. That way you can enable/disable them easily. Just put them in your jsgmemods folder and you should then see them when your run jsgme.exe.

Oh yea, and as FT said, you need to create that MODS folder if you don't have one.

Snack

Ahhh, cool, I didn't know about that working with non-modact installs. Anyone know if the DefaultFOV mod works or not? There's three versions of it.

I have not used that mod.

Do you know how to make a mod work with jsgme.exe? You can just make the mod work with jsgme and try it. If it doesn't work or causes problems you can disable it.

• 2. Administrators

Ahhh, cool, I didn't know about that working with non-modact installs. Anyone know if the DefaultFOV mod works or not? There's three versions of it.

Welcome Whaker, see you found your way here OK ;)

Re sankas mod, no it does not work with either 4.11 or HSFX6 (causes game to lock up).

the only FoV mod currently that works with HSFX6 is the one Snacko listed.

It does however have one slight bug, in that when you cycle through external views it adds 5 FoV for each key press, but for flying its fine, I've used it since the HSFX 6 beta.

I have not used that mod.

Do you know how to make a mod work with jsgme.exe? You can just make the mod work with jsgme and try it. If it doesn't work or causes problems you can disable it.

Aye, I know how to dicker around with jsgme. I'll give all of these a shot tonight after I'm done with work and dinner.

Welcome Whaker, see you found your way here OK ;)

Re sankas mod, no it does not work with either 4.11 or HSFX6 (causes game to lock up).

the only FoV mod currently that works with HSFX6 is the one Snacko listed.

It does however have one slight bug, in that when you cycle through external views it adds 5 FoV for each key press, but for flying its fine, I've used it since the HSFX 6 beta.

Yessir, I made it on over. Am planning on flying/crashing/burning/sobbing tonight if others are game as well. That sucks re: sanka's mods, the FOVmod and DefaultFOV mods are two of the best things by far to happen to IL2 since I abandoned CRTs ages ago. I REALLY hope TeamD fixes this with 4.12.

• 2. Administrators

Welcome to the pound Whacker, pull up a kennel. You'll need your own sheep I'm afraid, the guys aren't good at sharing :o

I'll send you a PM with our TS intel - the download link is here if you need it.

Jabo

I took care of that yesterday Nick. But he said he never got an email when I set his group to Dangerdogz. I had to email him the info last night to get on TS.

I thought Rog said there was an automated email sent when someone was set to Dangerdogz group? Or is there something else that triggers that to be sent???

I took care of that yesterday Nick. But he said he never got an email when I set his group to Dangerdogz. I had to email him the info last night to get on TS.

I thought Rog said there was an automated email sent when someone was set to Dangerdogz group? Or is there something else that triggers that to be sent???

Unless it hit my spam box and I missed it (pretty sure I didn't, I look pretty close at the spam folder before purging), the only email I got was from you Snacko.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Sadly the automated welcome message has discovered it's cheap tacky heritage, and decided to go on strike for more pay.

Didn't have the heart to tell it that a 20% increase on nothing still means nothing..

Welcome to the pound Whacker, feels like you have been here for a while already!

I especially like the novel use of the 'Hanger' and the humorous stats you have given each one!