Track Ir Track Clip Pro Is Not Working Can It Be Repaired Or Do I Have To Get A New 1?

Sfrost

well some new information came to light about why it won't work. My sister dropped my headset causing my track ir to be damaged, but i cant notice any external damage. And yes i have plugged it in. tried it in all my USB ports and got nothing. thanks for the advice guys and delta i will give natural point a shout see what they got.

It can only be a broken wire/joint. All the headset is is some ir leds. They shine dimly when the computer is switched on. If they dont shine there must be a broken connection somewhere.

I had heard that they are very fragile, sorry to hear that you are having issues. As others have mentioned, I would bet that there is a wire disconnected along the circuit. The positive flows first through a resistor, then in and out of each LED before returning to the negative wire. Any of those connections could have a broken solder joint.

I actually made several Track Clip Pro type clips, which plug into a USB port. They work very well, even if they do look a bit "homemade". Hope you find the issue.

David